19 December, 2022
Skins are a common way for players to express their feelings when playing on Minecraft servers. Skins allow you to customize your Minecraft characters. These skins are great, but they can be disabled if you run an offline Minecraft server or a 'cracked' Minecraft server. Cracked servers may not be able to authenticate with Mojang's skin servers. It is very frustrating to lose character skins. However, it is possible to restore them. This guide will show you how to restore your skins. This guide will focus on SkinRestorer, a plugin that is compatible with all versions of 1.8 and higher, including 1.16.
How do I install Skinsrestorer
Installation with the Panel
1. Go to the Apex Game Panel to stop your server.
2. Check that your server is running Spigot or Paper. This can be checked in the jar dropdown from the game panel dashboard.
3. Click on "Plugin List" to the left of your game panel.
4. You can search for the plugin using its name SkinsRestorer.
5. Check the version you have selected at the bottom of this page. This page can be cross-referenced to the Spigot official page.
6. Select the correct version from dropdown and click install.
7. Return to the game panel, and then start the server.
8. Type "pl" into the server console to verify that the plugin was successfully installed.
Installation through FTP
1. Visit the official Skinsrestorer site.
2. Click the Download icon at the top right of the page. Move the file to a directory so it can be used later.
3. Go to the Apex panel to stop your server.
4. Click on "FTP File Access" to the left of the panel
5. Login to FTP File Access to see a list all of your server files. Open the plugins folder.
6. Click on the "Upload” button at the top of the page.
7. Drag the Skinsrestorer plug-in to the right side and wait for it reach 100%
8. Go back to the game panel, and then start the server again.
9. You can verify that the plugin was correctly installed by entering "pl" in the console.
Installing on Bungeecord
1. Stop your server by heading to the Apex Game Panel
2. Click on "FTP File Access" to the left of the panel
3. Login to FTP File Access to see a list all of your server files. Open the plugins folder.
4. Place the plugin in /plugins/ folders on all spigot or bungeecord servers.
5. Click on the "Upload” button at the top of the page.
6. Drag the Skinsrestorer plug-in to the right side and wait for it reach 100%
7. Check & Set on every Spigot Server spigot.yml-> bungeecord. True
8. Permissions to enter the bungee server.
9. Go back to the game panel, and then start the server again.
10. Optional Edit the config inside bungee/plugins/SkinsRestorer/ folder.
Skin not updating
If the commands don't work and the skin doesn't change immediately, disconnect from the server and reconnect. If this fails, you can try again.
SkinRestorer also offers a variety of additional features that you can add to your server. These include allowing users to use certain skins, or allowing them swap skins while they are playing. You can also change the skins of other users. You can modify the language, color codes and other commands by configuring the files. Well, that's everything! I hope this guide helped you solve a common problem. Until next time!